Stone carving is a process to cut or shape stones in the desired pattern or design, by removing stone in a controlled manner. This process is used by artists to create sculptures, by engineers, architectures for buildings. This is the oldest art in the history of mankind and has survived for more than 800,000 years. To learn stone carving, one should have proper tools and a master of stone carving who can teach these skills. Here you can find the essential tools and machines for stone carving. These tools are the most effective stone carving tools.
Essential Products For Stone Carving
Other useful Products For Stone Carving
A tooth chisel is a hand tool. It is made up of metal and has a toothed cutting edge at one end. It is normally used to clear out rough marks left by point chisels.
A riffler is a hand tool that is used for sculptors working on soft stones.
An eperon tool is a hand tool that is used for sculptors working on soft stones.
The measuring tools can be:
1. Linear Ruler: A linear ruler is used to measure the length of the straight line.
2. Triangular Ruler: A triangular ruler has a triangle shape and can measure length, mark points, etc.
3. Protractor: A protractor is used for angle measurement. It consists of a D-shaped piece at one end that is attached to the ruler.
4. Caliper: A caliper is used to measures the distance between two opposite sides of an object.
5. Divider: A divider is also a distance measuring tool. It measures the distance between two points in one direction, marks the points, transfers measurement ratio, etc.
6. Vernier Caliper/Depth Gauge: A vernier caliper is used to measure the distance between two points, diameter of a round-shaped object and depth of a point.
7. Height Gauge: A height gauge is a height measuring tool that is used to determine the height of an object or adjust the height of the saw blade, router bits, etc.
8. T-Ruler: T ruler is a measuring, marking tool. It is a T-shaped tool in which a ruler attached to a straight scale.
9. Square: A square is an L-shaped tool. It is mostly used to mark out wooden joints, set up the table saw blades, etc.
10. Measuring Tape: The measuring tape is a flexible ruler that is used to measure the distance or size of an object.